Unknown Worlds has released a new update for sci-fi shooter Natural Selection 2, which game owners can download now on Steam.
This update fixes crashes that some users have been experiencing, especially those during the “pre-caching” phase of connecting to a server.
From the update report:
- Fixed issue where the game would run out of memory on 32-bit Windows.
- Fixed bug where unicode characters could not be deleted in text inputs.
- The server browser scroll bar now resets when the menu is displayed and when the “Refresh” button is pressed.
- Fixed server crash caused by getting a new ability in the same frame an Alien was destroyed.
- Reduced bloom flicker (thanks slime!)
- Reduced visual noise when ambient occlusion was enabled.
- Added server list filter option to display favorites only.
- Added option to disable camera animations.
- Disabled automatic sorting of server list during refreshing.
- Reduced client and server memory usage by 200-400 MB