Posted under News by Erik Johnson on Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 -
Croteam has released a new update for action shooter sequel Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, which game owners can download on Steam now.
This update adds support for the Valve Anti Cheat feature.
From the update description:
- Added support for VAC.
- Leaderboard for SV_TripleTrouble now works.
- Fixed player banning not working and re-enabled player time ban in voting menu.
- Ammo items are no longer allowed in case infinite ammo game mode is enabled.
- Fixed a bug in warmup mode where the player’s body would remain in the game when they switched into spectate mode.
- The game can now start even if XInput is not (properly) installed. Dedicated server can now also run without it.
- Crouching now doesn’t emit any footsteps.
- Added a HUD element that shows the names of people currently transmitting via voice chat.
- Added support for colored chat messages in chat console.
- Changed the color of kill messages in chat console.
- Fixed formatting errors with player names with special characters in spectator mode and when voting.
- Fixed a formatting error in French locale with DeathMessage.Suicide.
- When picking up a sniper weapon item, player will receive five bullets in non-campaign modes, and fifteen bullets in campaign modes.
- Adjusted Sniper weapon and ammo availability and respawn times on versus levels.
- Fixed possible spawning of multiple sniper items on JumpOver.
- Now allowing powerups to be disabled in Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.
- Fixed that the scoreboard in versus matches would sometimes show the score outside of the box.
- Added an XML tag “roundstart” at the beginning of a match containing information about the gamemode.
- Added playerid to logged Xml tags for playerjoined, playerleft, kill and chat.
- Fixed a very rare crash when formatting times (e.g. in save/load menu).
- Added additional subtitles for Sam’s quotes on HDTSE.
- Fixed a kamikaze getting stuck in a wall.
- Fixed an issue with trigger not being spawned in coop mode on final level of FE.
- Fixed players erroneously receiving minigun on a chapter on 3rd level of HD DLC Legend of Beast.
- Fixed a few collision bugs in some Legend of the Beast levels.