Posted under News by Erik Johnson on Thursday, September 6th, 2012 -
Rebellion has released a new update for World War II shooter Sniper Elite V2, which owners of the game can download now on Steam.
This update adds a new multiplayer mode, Capture The Flag.
From the release notes:
- New Features/Content:
- New multiplayer mode : Capture The Flag, available for all multiplayer maps.
- New multiplayer map: Inferno.
- Fixed player names sometimes failing to display on leaderboard screens.
- Fixed frontend cutscenes failing to play after some multiplayer lobby errors.
- (Dedicated server) Fixed setting of passwords.
- (Dedicated server) Fixed game type reporting when listing map rotation.
- Fixed scores shown on Steam server info dialog.
- Fixed co-op difficulty sometimes changing from the chosen setting on starting the game.
- When setting a password on creating a multiplayer game, it’s no longer necessary to hit Enter before selecting the Accept button.
- The default multiplayer gametype is now Team Deathmatch.
- Fixed weapon description failing to update on the in-game loadout menu.
- Fixed players sometimes wrongly entering the co-op lobby screen on joining multiplayer through invites or Steam player lists.
- Fixed blank lobby names sometimes being set on player-hosted multiplayer games.
- Fixed some objects being possible to see through by crawling right up to them in scope view.
- Fixed lobby error messages failing to display after being invited to a game.
- Fixed player gaining a point for shooting an enemy-placed explosive.
- Fixed some instances of tag assists being registered multiple times.
- Stop players swapping teams when the opposing team is already full.
- Fixed some very long chat strings being cut off.
- Voice chat is limited to the players’ own team in appropriate multiplayer games.
- Fixed AI enemies sometimes appearing in arbitrary idle animations when being carried by the player.
- Self-tagged scoped kills stat is now correctly tracked in team-based multiplayer games.
- Fixed no-cross objects sometimes appearing in unsupported game modes.