Arkane Studios has released a new update for fantasy RPG Arx Fatalis, available for download now from The Patches Scrolls.
The developer has announced that this will be the final official update to be released for the game. However, the full source code of the game is now available for free download, so future community-developed patches are possible.
From the patch notes:
- Improved overall game stability under Microsoft© Windows Vista© & Windows 7©.
- Fixed blinking effect that may happen when starting a new game.
- Fixed HUD scaling when display resolution is higher than 1024×960.
- Fixed EAX option: value is now saved when leaving the option menu.
- Fixed an issue with the game locking-up when opening player inventory.
- Fixed length of cinemascope bars displayed during cinematics.
- Fixed some performance issues with a few Nvidia GPU (see Notes).