Posted under News by Erik Johnson on Monday, June 18th, 2012 -
Remedy Entertainment has released a new update for action thriller Alan Wake; game owners can download the update now on Steam.
This update adds a “Very Low” graphics setting for users with low performance CPUs.
From the update description:
- Added a “Very Low” graphics setting to enable the game to run on lower performance GPUs. This disables MSAA and grass (that’s dependent on it) and disables fading between LOD levels.
- Fixed Alt+Tab crash on some systems.
- Fixed a very rare startup crash.
- Fixes some cases where the game started to main menu but users could not select any menu entries. This was caused by the keybinds.xml being corrupted.
- Fixed some cases of handling custom My Documents paths where game could crash if that was mapped to the root of a drive.
- Fixed the minor DLC1 “black cubes in the mirror” graphical glitch.
- Please see our forum for up to date troubleshooting and update information: http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=7759