Kerberos Studios has released an update for interstellar strategy game Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, which game owners can download now on Steam.
This update improves the research and feasibility study complete dialogs and makes a number of critical fixes.
From the update description:
- Fixed a known defense manager fleet list crash.
- Fixed an end of combat crash related to combat involving neutral factions.
- Made numerous sound system changes to help with frame rate issues.
- Fixed a crash related to queued station modules.
- Fixed a minefield related crash in combat.
- Fixed a crash in the design screen related to selecting and submitting defense platforms.
- Fixed a combat retreat crash.
- Fixed a crash related to entering and exiting the empire manager.
- Fixed known memory leaks in transitions to and from the star map.
- Fixed a silent multiplayer crash related to random encounters.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the build screen.
- Fixed a multiplayer hang that could occur versus lone gate ships.
- Reduced ship spark effect density to help with frame rate issues.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Repair All function from working.
- Fixed an issue where a VN disintegrator beam could remain linked to ships that left its range.
- It is no longer possible to cancel return missions for retreating fleets.
- Fixed the issue where colonies were firing at targets outside of sensor range.
- Fixed the issue where planets would mysteriously disappear from the list of colonization options.
- Fixed an multiple combat round issue where the game would try to select eliminated fleets.
- Fixed the issue where construction missions would leave stations under construction if the construction ships were destroyed.
- Fixed known issues of missiles spinning in space.
- Fixed a bug that was causing prototyped ships to become too cheap.
- Fixed known issues where diplomatic actions could result in a negative cost, adding to a player’s RDP instead of subracting from it.
- Addressed issues that were causing the AI to declare war too frequently.
- Fixed the missing news event notifying players of war declarations against them.
- Fixed an issue where colonies were not correctly reporting when they were developed.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Hivers from upgrading gate stations fully.
- Build and design screens now show design attributes.
- Made some improvements to the mine field placement flow in the defense manager.
- Tracking weapons can now target the dish on a command monitor.
- Fleets involved in multiple rounds of combat will lose additional endurance.
- Non-Zuul factions are now attacked by pirates.
- Developing colonies no longer support fleets.
- Improved the research and feasibility study complete dialogs.
- Variety of tweaks and corrections to ship turrets for all factions.