Kerberos Studios has rolled out a large update for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, available now for owners to download on Steam. Good thing too, as the game has been deemed pretty screwed up at launch by players. Luckily, the devs have agreed on this point, and have also vowed to make things right. This is the first step in the right direction.
A few new additions, a ton of bug fixes, and other tweaks are packed in latest patch for the space strategy title–you can read out about each individual item below in the patch notes. I’m taking a wild guess here, but I bet we can expect subsequent updates out soon as well.
From the change log:
Additions and Improvements:
- A new badge has been added for all factions.
- The game will now start in native 64-bit mode on operating systems that support it.
- Added 15 new entries to the encyclopedia.
Bug Fixes and Other Changes:
*** This update will break save games due to changes to special encounter implementation. ***
- Fixed a divide by zero crash that could occur when the game tried to trigger a rebellion on a planet with 0 civilian population.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when entering the multi-player lobby.
- Fixed issues where the game would hang on end turn when resolving AI versus AI combat.
- Fixed issues where concurrent combat scheduling could cause game turns to hang.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when a player attempted to save between turns.
- Fixed an intermittent crash that could occur during combat.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when committing an intercept mission.
- Fixed encyclopedia content appearing in the wrong locations.
- Fixed issues where user interface would be unreadable when starting a game window larger than the desktop resolution.
- Added more tool tips to the game lobby.
- Added more tool tips to the colony information widget.
- Added more tool tips to the build screen.
- Added more tool tips to the certain pop-ups and to the station placement screen.
- Fixed a few outstanding localized text issues, including three descriptions in the tech tree;
Heavy Fission Cannon
Assimilation Plague Cure.
- Re-balanced Police Cutters and some menaces.
- Made improvements to Swarm Hiver, Larva and Queen art.
- Fixed issues where the game window could shrink below the minimum 1024×720 resolution.
- Fixed issue where minimizing the game window could cause it to go full screen instead.
- Fixed an issue where Suul’ka could become available to non-Horde Zuul players via Diplomatic Stations.
- Suul’ka arrival after building a Tribute station is now delayed by at least a turn.
- Fixed a bug with post encounter dialog where list selections were getting mixed up.
- Fixed a miscolored element of the fleet widget items.
- Fixed some underlying UI layout bugs.
- Fixed a bug where Gate Amplifiers would not show up in the station module list. This was preventing the upgrade of Gate stations.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing built modules to be re-queued.
- Fixed art issues with Tarkasian Dreadnought GOOP and Heavy Beam modules.
- Fixed outstanding art issues with Human Supply Transports, Naval Outposts and Polic Cutters.
- Fixed an issue where AI controlled agents running at accelerated time in simulated combat were not doing enough damage to each other.Tags: Kerberos Productions, Paradox Interactive, PC, Space, Steam, strategy, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, update