Update: Make that a trio, as they’ve released a new one, new notes below.
Original: Team Garry has released a couple of new updates this past week for their physics sandbox creation game Garry’s Mod, available now for automatic download on Steam. The patches add a ton of new content to the game, including sprites and other assets from Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Age of Chivalry and several other games.
Full notes follow.
April 21st Update
- Fixed crashing on Mac OSX 10.5
- Fixed sbox commands not registering
- Fixed render targets not being created on startup
- Fixed ragdolls not colliding with rays
- Fixed some L4D(2) content not spawning
- Fixed crowbar sounds
April 18th Update
- Fixed shooting ragdoll crash
- Fixed Pixel Render not working
- Fixed missing HL1/EP2 NPC sounds
- Fixed long unresponsive startups
April 15th Update
- Added D.I.P.R.I.P content
- Added Left 4 Dead content
- Added Left 4 Dead 2 content
- Added Pirates, Vikings and Knights II content
- Added Zombie Panic! Source content
- Added Dystopia content
- Added Age Of Chivalry content
- Updated SuperDOF with advanced settings
- Updated prop spawning effect
- Model file browser is now sorted alphabetically
- Sped up startup particle loading
- Menus now alphabetically order categories/presets
- Fixed presets showing up twice when adding or removing in the editor
- Fixed crash when rendering spawnicons
- Fixed crash when loading models with different anim system (l4d models)
- Fixed CEnvMicrophone crash
- Fixed crash when spawning bot
- Fixed crash on explosion when entity limit near
- Fixed crash when loading a Toybox save caused by Skybox Camera
- Fixed render target not resetting to backbuffer if a Lua error occurs
- Added reload_postprocess
- Fixed crash when browsing models in filesystem
- Fixed L4D ragdolls performance when not sleeping
- Fixed crash exploit using material tool
- Fixed Antlion Guard crash
- Fixed being able to colour the world using material tool
- Netgraph is hidden when using camera tool
- FPS is hidden when using camera tool
- Restricted Act command to one every 5 seconds
- [TTT] Added time remaining display in pre- and post-round phases.
- [TTT] Added millisecond display to damage log.
- [TTT] Added ability for spectators to spectate a corpse using ALT+E.
- [TTT] Added some useful server tags, shown in the server browser.
- [TTT] Changed version number into a tag as well, eg. “ttt:v25″
- [TTT] Changed locational voicechat to auto-disable after the round ends.
- [TTT] Changed Radar blips to fade a bit when aiming near them.
- [TTT] Fixed C4 being carryable after arming it in a specific way.