Valve has released a new update for its classic (and now Mac available) FPS Counter-Strike: Source, now available for download on Steam.
The patch brings fixes for several issues relating to missing textures in community maps with back-end changes and additions alongside. Some engine fixes and a Linux Dedicated Server patch-up as well.
The title is also all up in the Steam mega sale going on through July 4, running 33% off its standard $20 tag taking it down to just $13.39. From the change log:
- Fixed several problems with missing textures in community maps.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when stats get updated.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when displaying the scoreboard.
- Added “cl_show_achievement_popups”, a convar that is on by default. Turning it off disables in-game achievement announcements.
- Restricted the range of commands that servers can cause clients to execute when closing the MOTD.
- Server admins will need to change the “cmd” key from a string to one of the following ints:
0 for no command
1 for joingame
2 for changeteam
3 for impulse 101
4 for mapinfo
5 for closed_htmlpage
6 for chooseteam
- Fixed an exploit that allowed a plug-in to be loaded as a .dll file on the client after being downloaded from the server.
- Missed from last update:
Removed an exploit that allowed players to change their in-game name outside of the Steam Community
Linux Dedicated Server
- Fixed srcds_run so -autoupdate works properly for Counter-Strike: Source